Live DemoNote:

Purpose: TCF Style EXPO RECAP

Time Flies when you're having fun! I can't believe it's been a week already! I'm home and did not ease back into the grind, I floated back! On cloud nine from all of the love that was felt during the 2nd annual Style Expo. Good Food, Conversation, networking, knowledge that was shared about the industry, and last but not least the shopping! In the truest form Marie Denee brought her blog @thecurvyfashionista to life!  



The Take Away: Highlighted and bold, because this is probably the most important out of this entire post. There were several panels held, where industry professionals, bloggers, stylists, models, etc. let us in on their thoughts and original goals as they started the empire we see today. Everyone took a different path, some set out to be apart of the industry, some discovered a passion, some uncovered a need, but all successful in their own right. The common denominator in all stories was Faith over Fear. At some point everyone had to take a leap or was put in a very uncomfortable position causing them to come out fighting. Discovering the will to fight within them that they didn't know existed! This resonated with me for obvious reasons! 

Put your blinders on a pay attention to the path that lies in front of you and just keep going!

I loved being in the company of women who weren't afraid to speak on it! It being fatism (discrimination on fat people), Black women needing to create their own space to be celebrated, Shape discrimination (Hourglass vs. Everybody), and most importantly body acceptance. A true 360 degree conversation was had. Uncomfortable at times, funny at times, but rewarding throughout. 

Blogging has become more than a hobby. We are responsible for inspiring and growing the confidence of our readers! #Purpose



The fashion: 

To know that you'll be with some of the most fashionable is a lot of pressure! LOL 

Day one and two I wore @shapelylouise. 
For Day 2 night: Top- It's Fashions 
                            Jeans- Citi Trends
                            Shoes- Eloquii 
                            Purse- Vendor from TCF Style Expo 






The Goodie Bag:

MANNNN! I was blown away by all of the Goodies!! Some of the Sponsors included:

- Ashley Stewart                   -Hipknoties
- Fashion to Figure               - Lane Bryant

That's just to name a few!




Old Friends from home! (B'Ham) @jenisaqaui



SHOPPING: 
I had a budget... I swear I did! But some of those deals were calling my name! The Purse was my absolute favorite purchase! I was receiving compliments on it as soon as I bought it off of the table! 
Fashion to Figure was having a BOGO FREE deal that I couldn't pass up! Ashley Stewart rounded it off for me with a $5 table! FIVE DOLLARS y'all! I had too! I also had the chance to support/Chat with Francie, owner of the Diva Kurves Collection . I picked up some eye shadow from Magnolia Makeup , and the cutest paper hair bow from Pretty Paper Blossoms! They Also specialize in those totally Unique paper backdrops! AMAZING!   



Here's a look at a few other Super Stylish Diva's! 
Pictured above: @myTexasPlusSizeDiary @SocietyofHarlow @StyleKlazit @fatshionablycorrect @bykikisol  

@NaturallyFashionable  in the flesh! So good to see her! 

New Friends from the Carolinas! @bykikisol and @24plusstyle


 It was good being able to hang, hang with Shaina From @athickgirlscloset! She's hilarious and down to earth!  Here she is with @THECurvyFashionista herself, Mariee Denee!!
Candids: Models, guests, volunteers, and vendors had the expo running like a well oiled machine!
     @CourtneyNoelleinc

@apluscurves



No comments