Live DemoNote:

Skinny B***** are NOT EVIL! They just have more room to be GREEDY!

I just so happen to be surrounded by friends and family who all seem to have smaller frames or body statures than I do. Luckily for me I took after my Dad’s side and inherited his height as well. Otherwise my weight placement would have been different, causing the “thick-o-meter” to run hot If you get my drift.  Did I notice the difference? YES, but I never really tripped though. The explanation in my house was/is “You took after yo Daddy side...” and that worked for me! (Saw that as a good thing, I was a Daddy’s Girl)
I met BFF (1) in the 3rd grade, I guess opposites attract because that we are.  But, I’ll just focus on the outer appearance for this post. She is small, I’m not, I’m tall she’s not!  My assumption was that small people needed to eat and BIG people needed to stop! (LOL @ myself)  It wasn’t until I invited her over for my first slumber party did I see that assumption may be wrong! This girl was a savage when it came to food! (She gon’ kill me) I mean she ate ALL the pizza, ALL the  cookies, ALL the chips, grapes etc., while I looked on in awe 0_o!!! So did my parents, because when it was time for the next party they asked me if she was coming so that they can prepare! LMBO I mean I really didn’t get it she ate more than me but gained absolutely nothing! I didn’t understand, but I didn’t try to either. I just accepted the fact that we are different, I can’t do what she does and she has room to be greedy. Never did I say this B**** makes me sick! Skinny B****** are EVIL!!! Nor did I become the “Envious” BIG girl who felt the need to comment about every skinny girl who walked by, walked in, or got up! ß------- SHE is just annoying!!!  These women look in the mirror presumably every day and I’m sure that they are aware of their size! So why won't you do what you can to OWN the room! #check (This is one of my pet peeves)  
People would look at her and say things like “You need to EAT...” *with a scrunched up face* “Why you so skinny….”, “Wit you lil bitty self...” Things that I never thought affected her, until she brought it up one day. Her question was why is it ok to call skinny people skinny but not fat people fat?? My Response: maybe because being skinny is not a bad thing. Then I thought, but it IS a CRIME to be too skinny in the black community. LOL I had no answers for her question but what I can say is she can’t help how her body processes food! Neither can I nor the other skinny minis in the world!  Eating wise, the girl should be bigger than me! But that is not the case so… What now? Develop a plan: I work out 4-5 times a week, I am mindful of what I eat , I limit my GREEDY sessions, and  more importantly I realize that because I am not able to do what she  does, she is not EVIL!
I really think Monique may have gotten it wrong here, especially since she has dropped more than a few LBS herself. I know she was trying to promote BIG self love, but making the “Skinny woman” the enemy seems to divert the attention from what I feel is the real problem! Let’s just be honest big does not = healthy. It equals high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, clogged arteries etc! Now how can we blame the skinny woman for all that???  How can I be upset with her because her metabolism works faster than mine?? It’s just plain genetics!!  Fair… maybe not but neither is favor! If you're still mad, GET EVEN! But  be comfortable in your own skin and confident enough to make changes!   


Sincerely,

E. Louise

9 comments

Unknown said...

Wow....Am I the first to read your post. I feel special...LMBO. I like the fact that you stated that skinny girls get offended as well as thick women. Since I have lost sooo much weight people tell me now that (You losing too much weight or You look sick you need to stop). It is so annoying, but if I am comfortable the way I am then let me be. Great Blog Murdock, regardless of what your weight, height, skin color, eye color, etc. everyone has feelings and emotions and should be treated with respect. Keep it up girl.....Looking forward to reading more.....Taya

Unknown said...

Alright Lady E!!! I absolutely love it. You are so right. Skinny women are not evil. Skinny or not we as a people (especially us colored people) need to be mindful of what we allow to enter our bodies. I had to make sure I follow your blog because you're on point hun. I got uncomfortable in my skin (not stop loving who I am) and so I did something about it. I work out and I pay attention to what I eat. I've lost 33lbs since my journey began. Keep encouraging them honey!!!

Ashley said...

Finally! I'm so glad someone recognizes the skinny girl's plight...lol! Love it!

DanniNicole said...

Size doesn’t matter in this case! She may can eat like a horse but she sure can catch a hint of diabetes or high cholesterol if she doesn’t have a health regimen. Us thick women just eat and for some reason goes to the hips and thighs. Yep you right, it depends on your genes. if you comfortable with who you are…embrace it! I did have episodes of my self-esteem being low because i love clothes, hair, anything womanly but clothes never looked good on me not to mention was constantly picked on when i was younger. I am doing something now but its taking me a while to adjust to the lifestyle change…thnks Murdock for your inspiration!

Ebonia said...

I am truely inspired by this blog because I can totally relate. Me and my best friend, since we were 12y/o is exactly what you've said. I don't think "skinny girls" are evil per say but everyone is different and have their own individual characteristics as a person. If we were all the same what would the world be, but all females get offended when it comes to weight; big, small, tall, short. "Skinny girls" can be unhealthy just as well. As a black generation are more pron to having health issues so we must all exercise and watch our intake no matter what...Love the blog honey. 1000x fist pumps! I am looking foward to the next one....Truly a Fan. Ebo

ShapEly's Biggest Fan! said...

See

This is what I call real, true, and sustainable Self-esteem!

Too many people have a "false sense" of self-esteem which is acquired by comparing themselves to someone else (most often people they consider to be less/more fortunate) to make themselves feel better. Now - it does work (momentarily) but it isn't sustainable. These people have to constantly WORK to criticize others in order to feel better about themselves. True & Sustainable Self-esteem is when you can appreciate & respect the differences between yourself and other people while finding value in the cards that you have been dealt...

So Proud of My Sister!! Rock on with yo' badd self! ;-)
B.

Anonymous said...

Excellent post !! What cms do you use on your site ?

E. Louise said...

Thanks for all of the colorful commentary! Really seems like I hit a nerve and opened up some things for you guys! Your thoughts are a BIG part of my inspiration!! Thank you Much for the support! *Muah*

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!!